TLA calls for Librarians and Information professionals, ICT and any other interested stakeholders from the government ministries and civil societies participate to this conference for sharing experience and knowledge dissemination.
Tanzania Library and Information Association (TLA) was established in 1973, after the dissolving of the East African Library Association (EALA). Ever since it has remained the only professional association that safeguards the interest of all library and information personnel in Tanzania. Among others, the association is involved in conducting training and conferences for proliferation and upkeep of the library professionals. In light of this, TLA calls for Librarians and Information professionals, ICT and any other interested stakeholders from the government ministries and civil societies participate to this conference for sharing experience and knowledge dissemination.
Conference main Theme and Sub-Themes
" Embracing Digital Revolution and the Global Dynamics of Libraries and Information Services "
- Technology and integration into libraries and LIS education
- Emerging trends in libraries and information centers
- Professionalism, ethics and code of conducts in the digital revolution era
- Library networking and technological collaboration
- Libraries in the cyber-space and security issues
- Innovation of library services and LIS education
- The role of libraries in the world of open access
- Library sustainability in the competing technological environment
- Rethinking and reconnecting the roles of libraries in the implementation of SDGs
- Embracing the 4IR and impacts on libraries and information centers
- Entrepreneurship and infopreneurship in the dynamic world of digital revolution
- Opportunities on new information environment in libraries and LIS education
- Digital transformation in libraries and implications on LIS education and communities
Format of the Paper
The paper must be in English language, MS Word typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font size, in 1.15-line spacing and justified paragraphs. The paper should not be less than 5000 or exceed 10000 words including APA style references. All authors names, affiliations and e-mail address details should appear on the first page just below the title of the article. Each paper must be preceded by an abstract of not more than 250 words in length. The abstract should give the content of the article concisely covering purpose, problem statement, methodology, key findings, conclusions and recommendations. A maximum of six key words is recommended for the abstract.
Important Submission Dates
30th October 2022: Submission of abstracts
15th November 2022: Accepted abstracts notification
30th December 2022: Submission of final papers
30th January 2023: Accepted papers notification
Conference Dates: 20th- 24th, February 2023
Publications: All presented papers will be housed in TLA conference proceeding and published with Someni Journal.